These last few months have been very tough and have made many feel disconnected. Yet, Lent begins next week and is a powerful opportunity to reconnect ourselves to one another as we worship together and deepen our relationship with God. Working with our Vestry, we want to offer some different ways for you to engage at Resurrection during Lent.
1. Shrove Tuesday, February 16th – Get your favorite pancake recipe ready and join us at 6:30 for a virtual Shrove Tuesday Pancake Supper by Zoom. Be ready to share what is in your pancakes and what’s on them. The Zoom link is on our website .
2. Ash Wednesday, February 17th - Obviously, we will not be worshipping inside and in-person, but we will be offering you an opportunity to worship at home along with an Ash Wednesday recorded video in which you can impose ashes on yourself and your family members. Ashes that have been blessed are available to you for pick up at the church. If you would like to have a small bag of ashes to use at home, please email email@example.com, if you will pick them up.
3. Ash Wednesday Sanctuary Pilgrimage, February 17th - During this time of social distancing, visitors & parishioners are invited come to Resurrection’s sanctuary to pray and meditate on Ash Wednesday. The sanctuary will be open 12:00-2:00 and 6:00-8:00. Reservations are required, visits will be limited to 30-minutes, and safety guidelines will be followed. All those participating in pilgrimage visits will be required to wear a facemask (covering both the mouth & nose) and observe physical distancing. Individuals will be assisted by volunteers to assigned pews for individual prayer or meditation. All surfaces will be sanitized between visits. Reservations may be made on the parish website . During those times, the sanctuary will be live streamed on Resurrection’s Facebook page for your personal home devotion.
4. Ash Wednesday, February 17th – Compline at 8:00 pm. The Zoom link can be found on the parish website www.resurrectionsautee.com.
5. The Rosary – each Wednesday at noon beginning February 24th. The Zoom link can be found on the parish website www.resurrectionsautee.com.
6. Coffee & Gospel – Sundays during Lent at 9:30 beginning February 21st. Join us for a weekly Bible study on the lectionary readings for the day. The Zoom link will be on the parish website .
7. Stations of the Cross - The outdoor Stations of the Cross will be available anytime outside the parish hall for those who wish to pray or meditate in a sacred space outdoors. Each station has a QR code that can be scanned with a phone to view a Resurrection parishioner reading the meditation for each station.
8. Private Prayer in the Nave - Any time you would like to sit in the Nave for your own personal prayer, please contact Scott+ or Donna and let them know. You are welcome to come and sit for meditation and reflection. Masks are required.
As the weather gets milder in the coming weeks, we will return to weekly outdoor Eucharist services in addition to what’s offered above. We hope that these opportunities will engage you at your comfort level. Also, if you are looking for a place to serve, the Vestry is looking for more parishioners to serve on our ministry teams. Please contact us if you are interested in more information.
These are all ways to join together during these times. As always, if you have any concerns or questions, please contact us. I would love to visit you as you are most comfortable. We need each other, so please take advantage of any or all these ways to grow in Christ during Lent.